Monday, May 24, 2010

The Cyborg and I


On Monday, May 9th, I took a little trip down to good ol' San Diego, California to train with a cyborg.  This cyborg has a name, her name is Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos, she is the current women's pro MMA champion.  She fights for the Strikeforce promotion and she will be fighting next on June 26, 2010 along with Fedor Emelianenko and Fabricio Werdum.  

I had a brief glimpse into some of her training exercises when she trained me for an hour that afternoon.  We worked on MMA ground fighting, that includes wrestling, bjj, or Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and strikes.  I had a great time and would do it again in heartbeat. 

Thank you Cris!!!  You're the best!  Good luck in all your fights! 
















2 comments:

  1. Did your mother never tell you not to beat up on women?!!! She won, didn't she? :-)

    Great pics, who took 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Carmen took the pics. It was just training, not a competition. No losers, only winners. :)

    ReplyDelete